Welcome!

Welcome!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Round-Up: Thanksgiving in American Sign Language | San Antonio Baby Sign Language

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! We picked up our turkey at the grocery store yesterday and my husband is all set to make his famous French Silk Chocolate Pie. (He actually bought five pie crusts this year. Yum!) We'll be celebrating on Thursday with lunch at the retirement community where my husband works AND dinner with my extended family. We'll also be cooking our own Thanksgiving feast on Saturday (my husband LOVES his turkey leftovers) while we put up the Christmas tree. :)

In case you are looking for signs for some of the most common Thanksgiving words, I've compiled some ASL videos for you to enjoy! 

First, from Signing Time:

Next, from the new and awesome ASL Nook (no sound: be sure to turn the captions on):

Finally, from Signing Hawaii:

You may notice that signs vary by teacher/region. When in doubt, you can always fingerspell the word! And if you didn't see a sign you're looking for, I always recommend "Dr. Bill" from Lifeprint.

From our family to yours, we wish you all a very HAPPY Thanksgiving!
Melissa from Lone Star Signers

Oh, and if you're wanting to do some shopping this week, don't miss out on the amazing Signing Time sale!
Signing Time Thanksgiving Sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!